In-the-water and ready for sea trials
The only Zeus powered flybridge Sabre available for summer 2011 delivery
A whole new day: quieter, more fuel efficient, more maneuverable and more of the things that make your boating experience exceptional.
At Sabre Yachts, the goal has always been to fulfill the dreams and wishes of our boat owners by listening carefully to their requests and blending their ideas into new and exciting designs. They consider the owners and potential owners to be valued members of the Sabre Design Team. The Sabre 40 Flybridge Sedan is the result of our observation that our clients want to enjoy the same levels of personal luxury and comfort that they have come to expect in their homes and in their automobiles. To that end they have developed a new style of sedan, available with or without fly bridge, that permits boaters to operate from the comfort of the yacht’s interior or from the openness of an optional fly bridge. Technology is advancing rapidly and the owners have come to expect that if there is a new technology available, Sabre will employ it in our designs. Sabre has dramatically changed the way they build their yachts and the way in which they are propelled. Traditional values such as fine craftsmanship and great looks remain, as their owners have come to expect, but below the surface things are state-of-the-art.
In July of 2008 they launched the first Sabre with Zeus Pod drives and the result of that boat’s sea trials told Sabre that everything has changed and nothing will remain the same. Smaller engines using vectored thrust propel the boat at higher speeds using less fuel. And when maneuvering in tight spaces, a joy stick makes child’s play of docking.
We are proud to offer the newest model of the Sabre family, the 2011 Sabre 40 Flybridge Sedan.
For more information, please contact our sales office today.
Sabre 40 - Standard Equipment List (subject to change prior to delivery)
- Modified Deep “V” Planing hull design, with shallow pod drivetunnels.- 16º deadrise at transom, 23º deadrise amidships.- ISO NPG white gelcoat w/vinylester back-up resin.- Bottom, topsides and transom vacuum-infused biaxial E-glasswith Airex C70 foam core.- Stringer system biaxial E-glass with foam core.- Bulkheads vacuum-bagged biaxial E-glass with polypropylenehoneycomb core.- Molded E-glass swim platform with molded-in anti-skid surface.- Hull side rubbing strakes.- PVC rub rail with stainless steel cap.- Painted (IMRON) double boot top.- Gold recessed cove stripe.
DECK and HARDTOP
- ISO NPG gelcoat.- Vacuum-infused biaxial E-glass with balsa core.- Molded-in anti-skid deck surfaces.- Sliding aft salon door slides starboard to port.- Sliding windows in salon on cabin sides.- Top hinged windows in salon aft bulkhead.- Hinged access door to side deck at helm.- Flush, outward opening, transom door with latch.- Anchor locker with slam latch.- Large lazarette locker hatch with gas struts and compressionlatches.- Large engine room hatch in main salon with compression latch.
- 1 1/4" Diameter type 316 stainless steel perimeter rail system.- (6) 12” Stainless steel cleats (2 fwd, 4 mid ship, 2 in aft cockpit).- (1) 10” Stainless steel cleat to starboard of windlass as anchorrode tie off.- (2) Custom cast stainless steel mid-rail line chocks.- (2) Custom cast stainless steel skene chocks forward.- (4) Cast stainless steel hawse pipes in transom and hull sides.- Fiberglass bow pulpit with dual anchor roller for 35# CQR orDelta anchor and “lunch hook”.- Anchor windlass, electric rope-chain type.- Flag staff and socket on taffrail.- Burgee staff on bow pulpit.- (3) Lewmar Low Profile polished aluminum hatches w/screens.- (6) Custom stainless steel opening port lights.- Teak toe rails.- Teak cabin side eye-brow.- Custom cast stainless steel “SABRE” medallion.
- Cummins DTS single lever electronic controls.- One Cummins Smart Craft display (engine data, tank levels,vessel data, alarms).- Triple windshield wipers with washers.- Ritchie Compass.- Switch controls for horn, running lights, anchor light, engineroom blower and optional equipment.- Stazo 400mm custom teak steering wheel with tilt helm.- (2) Stidd N-series single helm seats.
- Twin Cummins QSB 5.9M 425hp electronic, fresh water-cooledengines..- Twin CMD Zeus 3500 pod drives, with integrated steering andtrim tabs.- 120A, 12V alternators each engine.- (2) Exhaust by-pass mufflers.- Engine room blower.- Engine room vent ducts.- Engine room floor with FRP anti-skid.- White gelcoated engine room- Mylar face foam noise barrier.
- (2) 190 gal diesel fuel tanks port and starboard.- Racor fuel filters with water in fuel probes.- (2) 2” “Diesel” deck fill plates.
STEERING and TRIM SYSTEMS
- CMD helm, with joystick.- Trim tabs integrated in CMD Zeus pod drives.- Autopilot integrated in CMD Zeus system.- GPS receiver included.- “Skyhook” GPS position hold system.
12VDC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Two AGM Group 31 dedicated engine start batteries.- Two AGM 4D deep cycle ship's service batteries.- One AGM Group 24 generator start battery.- Remote control battery switches with controls at helm.- Manual emergency battery crossover switch.- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution.- Digital battery monitor.- Lighting: Danish cabin reading lights.High output LED lights in the overhead.Halogen bar lighting in appropriate locations.Fluorescent engine room lighting.Cockpit courtesy lights.- Marine-grade, tinned wire throughout.
120VAC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Onan 9.0 kw generator including:Interface to Cummins Vessel View displayDedicated start battery.Water lift muffler.Cooling water intake strainer.Sound shield.Transfer switch.- (2) 30A AC shore power inlets and (2) 50 ft. cords.- Fail safe galvanic isolator.- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution panel.- Digital AC system monitor- (1) 120V outlet in each cabin and (1) in engine room.- All galley and head receptacles are GFI protected.
- Additional outlets positioned in locations appropriate forentertainment systems in main and forward cabin- 50amp, 3-bank battery charger- Reverse cycle heat/ air conditioning in (3) zones.
- Spacious Island Berth layout with 5" cushion. ¾” laminated trim.- Cherry hull ceilings.- (2) Drawers under berth. A/C return grills under drawers.- (2) drawers in bureau w/locker w/shelf above and single louvereddoor.- Upper enclosed shelves with storage behind. Locker face to have(2) louvered doors.- Recessed shelf with fiddle on starboard main bulkhead with 19”flat screen TV and DVD player.- Large cedar lined hanging locker to port, with louvered door,shelf and hangar pole.- Open shelf above port hanging locker.- Teak and holly sole.- Sound deadening soft headliner panels.- Pocket door to forward stateroom.
- Double berth, 5" foam cushions, ¾” laminated trim.- Cherry hull ceilings.- (4) Drawers under berth, A/C return grille beside.- Forward bulkhead storage locker, and shelf.- Night stand with drawers below.- Teak and holly sole.- Sound deadening soft headliner panels.- Pocket doors between lower foyer and second stateroom.- Optional dinette available in this space.
- Stainless steel under mount sink.- Circular shower stall with seat and locker outboard.- Hot and cold pressure water- Electric shower sump pump.- Storage lockers.- Solid surface vanity top with bull nose.- Towel bar.- Wood trimmed mirror over sink.- Ventilation blower.
- Mid level galley.- Solid surface galley counter top.- Stainless steel under mount sink with Scandvik faucet.- Vitrifrigo 2-drawer Refrigeration with stainless steel doors.- Isotherm 1-drawer Freezer with stainless steel door.- Two burner touch control electric cook top.- Convection microwave with stainless steel door above aftcounter.- Built in coffee maker.- Drawers and storage lockers below counter.- Built-in waste basket.- Large drawer under microwave opens athwartships
- “L” settee to port, 5” foam cushions, with storage and Sabretool drawer under.High Gloss finished folding table with hi-low pedestal, lowers tocoffee table height.- Bar and entertainment unit to starboard including:19” flat screen LCD TV on lift with DVD player- Sound deadening, soft headliner panels.- Barrel chair
- Varnished cherry interior finish.- Screens on all opening ports.- Ocean Air screen/blinds on deck hatches.- Ocean Air blinds on side windows and side door- Optional fabric and drapery selections.- Dovetailed maple drawer boxes
FRESH WATER SYSTEM
- Water capacity 140 gals.- Stainless steel, 11 gal. hot water heater, operates on 110-VAC orengine heat.- Temperature control valve on hot water supply.- Hot and cold water pressure system 12V.- Fresh water spigot in engine room.- Optional Cockpit shower, hot and cold.- Optional Fresh water wash down in anchor locker.
- Polyethylene holding tank with 60 gallon capacity.- Jabsco Quiet Flush fresh water MSD.- Diaphragm waste pump on holding tank.
- Fire extinguishers, (4) at 2 1/2 lbs.- Marelon sea valves on all thru-hull fittings below waterline.- Bonding system to safeguard against galvanic corrosion.- Automatic fire extinguishing discharge system in engine spacewith override.- (3) Automatic 12V electric bilge pumps.- (3) high water switches and alarm.
FLYBRIDGE HELM STATION
- Cummins DTS single lever electronic controls.- Single Cummins Smart Craft display (engine data, tank levels,vessel data, alarms).- (2) Stidd N-series single helm seats.- Table on fixed base- Forward facing bench, dry storage and cooler below.- 16” Stainless steel steering wheel with tilt helm.- Controls (see propulsion)- Stainless steel flybridge ladder with teak treads.