(SOLD) 2008 Eastbay 47 Flybridge
PERSISTENCE HAS JUST UNDERGONE A $600,000 REFIT INCLUDING A NEW GARMIN ELECTRONICS SUITE, SEAKEEPER 9, FLAG BLUE AWLGRIP, UPHOLSTERY AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
The Eastbay 47 is a wonderful study in proportions, lines, form and function. Even though it is arguably the most handsome yacht Grand Banks and Hunt Associates has ever designed, it's outstanding performance may even be more impressive than it's looks! It leaps up onto plane (with no trim tabs needed), leans into turn with just finger-tip steering, and cuts through a head sea delivering a soft landing. It weighs in over 50,000 lbs, offers a spacious 2 cabin two head accommodations, yet still boasts a nimble and thrilling ride.
Becoming the new owner of an Eastbay 47 is an exciting experience but the opportunity to own an example like Persistence rarely hits the market place. She has benefited from thoughtful and fastidious owners, as well as light use. She is one of the last hulls built, has all the right options, but more important, offers an incredible amount of value added during a recent thorough and comprehensive refit. This collaboration of efforts between the current owner and Front Street Shipyard, one of the finest yards on the East Coast, has resulted in a turnkey yacht.
Below, find a partial summary of upgrades. (Don’t mistake this list as repair list. This includes only upgrades and proactive preventative maintenance).
- Install Seakeeper 9 and associated sound deadening in the engine space
- Generator replaced with new Onan 17kW to accommodate the Seakeeper electrical demand
- Upgrade generator control to Auto Start
- Single Stidd at Lower Helm replaced with Double Stidd
- Complete refit of electronics suite in both the lower helm and the fly-bridge including:
- (4) Garmin 8617 MFD
- Phantom Radar
- New GPS, Sounder, AIS
- Garmin Reactor Autopilot offering Autoguidance, point and click route generation and tracking
- Expert installation including a custom black acrylic dash at the flybrdige helm and a teak, factory looking installation at the lower helm.
- Awlgrip Flag Blue hull, includes long boarding for an exceptionally fair, smooth finish ($70,000)
- Custom folding transom mounted bench seat to better utilize cockpit space
- Upgrade to a Mach 5 110V water pump
- New 5 port oil exchanger pump
- Replace unreliable Computank system with a Maretron Tank monitoring system
- New inverter with complete charge control and monitoring
- New icemaker in the salon
- New heads and associated plumbing
- New trim tab plates and cylinders
- New hot water tank
- New motor to Increase speed of engine hatch lift
- Strip exterior bright work, improve any defects in the teak, new varnish
- Reef and re-caulk seams in teak decking, and sand to remove any raised grain
- Sandblast bottom and re-new bottom paint
- Renew prop speed on running gear
- New upholstery for flybridge and salon, including Stidds, and new sheets and mattress toppers for the berths
- Replace all bilge pumps, shower sumps, any hoses that are deficient, service seacocks, replace cockpit faucets and shower heads in cabin, even new CAT display covers.
The current owner’s goal was to do anything and everything to provide a turn key yacht to provide he and his family problem free use and cruising. He left no pump un checked or system un-inspected! Persistenace is a very, very special vessel. Although the owner poured his heart, soul and balance sheet into the refit, his plans have changed making this amazing opportunity available.
Easy to see in Portland, Maine, just 15 minutes from the Portland International Airport. With the equipment list, condition and price, Persistence is sure to be attractive to the market. Don’t delay!
- Model: 47 Flybridge
- Year: 2008
- Category: Power
- Condition: Used
- Location: Portland US
- Hull Material:Fiberglass
- Model:C-12 ACERT
- Engine Type:Inboard
- Fuel Type:diesel
- Total Cabins:2
- Total Heads:2
- Length:47 ft
- Beam:15.67 ft
- Draft - max:
- Fuel Tank:700|gallon
- Fresh Water Tank:206|gallon
- Holding Tank:700|gallon
Fill out the form below to download the PDF brochure for 2008 Eastbay 47 Flybridge