Marine Technician- New York
DiMillo's Yacht Sales is an active, professional yacht dealership and brokerage that has been providing exceptional yacht sales experiences since 1998. With 6 locations, the team at DiMillo's Yacht Sales takes pride in representing new and pre-owned Sabre Yachts & Back Cove Yachts, as well as a dealership for Monte Carlo Yachts, and Coastal Craft. DiMillo's is also proud to have a full time, year-round service team that focuses on our new and brokerage buyers. The service team's capabilities include preventative maintenance, winterization, spring commissioning, electronics installation, inverter installations, bow & stern thruster installs, varnish & custom fit and finish and more.
Our service center based in Glen Cove, NY is hiring a Marine Technician. This is a fast paced, productive, and rewarding position. You will be involved in all aspects of commissioning, troubleshooting, decommissioning, fit and finish work, and delivery.
- New boat commissioning including but not limited to: new systems, custom request installs, sea trialing, electronics
- Mechanical diagnostics, troubleshooting, general maintenance and repair on new and pre-owned vessels
- Perform spring commissioning and fall decommissioning on power boats ranging from 20’-70’ of all makes, models and sizes
- Build a relationship with our clients, along with service portfolios. Make recommendations to existing service customers for improvements creating service work.
- Identify, report, and correct warranty items.
- Mechanical background. Electrical background. General boat systems knowledge. (ABYC certification(s) is highly valued)
- Demonstrate understanding of marine systems, vessel operation, vessel construction, and troubleshooting principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform well and produce an excellent product with defined outlines, under strict scheduling, with minimal supervision
- Desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Willing and able to use specific software for tracking jobs and work orders
- Flexible, goal oriented, team focused
- Capable of lifting 50lbs, occasionally more.
DiMillo’s Yacht Sales offers competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, education and training seminars, paid holidays, flexible paid time off, and more. Pay is based on experience and qualifications.
DiMillo’s Yacht Sales is an equal opportunity employer. DYS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status or otherwise.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org